WP3: Studies and Legal Advice
The aim of this Work Package is to learn from the first COVID-19 outbreak via research, to strengthen euregional cooperation in the field of such major long-term crises and to explore possibilities to improve the delivery of assistance to citizens.
This is achieved by:
- Conducting evaluative research on the response to the COVID-19 outbreak by national/federal and regional authorities and the impact of measures on local and regional authorities and the citizens
- Conducting a study which focuses on the legal consequences of cross-border ambulance and intensive care transport in general and with regard to staff and recognition of diplomas in particular
- Constituting a report containing the analysis of legislation, policy and practice, and recommendations on ways to structure crisis and emergency cooperation across borders with regard to public procurement
- Investigation into the possibilities for a permanent partnership between hospitals in Dutch Limburg and hospitals in the German region of Aachen and Limburg (Belgium) and Liège (Belgium)
- Providing ad hoc legal assistance in other WP’s
This means: Utilizing research in order to learn from the first COVID-19 outbreak Exploring what the possibilities are to improve on how assistance can be delivered to citizens
Outbreak research: ITEM (Institute for Transnational and Euregional cross-border cooperation and Mobility) will explore the cooperation agreements, procedures and protocols of EMRIC through desk research and interviews with involved stakeholders to find out how it worked out in practice in relation to the national and federal measurements during the Covid-outbreak
Download the report here: Pandemric_Study_1_Crisis_management
A report containing the analysis of legislation, policy and practice, and recommendations on ways to structure crisis and emergency cooperation across borders. The second study will focus on the analysis of administrative and procedural burdens on enabling medical staff to easily work across borders.
Download the report here: Pandemric Study 2 covers
An investigation into the possibilities for a permanent partnership between the hospitals in Dutch Limburg and the hospitals in the German region of Aachen and Limburg (Belgium) and Liège (Belgium).